Purchase your State Fair ticket from us and we’ll throw in a DCTA regional pass to travel straight to the fair gate! With five A-train stations and our GoZone on-demand rideshare service, you can put your State Fair fun on the fast track when you #RideDCTA.
Ride GoZone to catch our A-train to the Trinity Mills station and connect seamlessly to Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) Green Line all the way to the fair gates. GoZone operates on Sunday, so now you can #RideDCTA on Sunday for a fun day at the State Fair! Plan ahead by purchasing the DCTA State Fair ticket combo deal, checking out our State Fair of Texas online toolkit for tips and downloading our Transit Tracker mobile app so you can track your vehicle in real-time. Get ready for the most memorable State Fair experience ever!
SEPTEMBER 30 – OCTOBER 23, 2022
Hours of Operation
- Parking Gates and Ticket Booths: 9 a.m. daily
- Exhibit Buildings
- Sunday - Thursday: 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday: 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- State Fair of Texas Midway and Fair Park Museum: Hours vary
For more information and a complete schedule of State Fair of Texas events, visit bigtex.com.
- For State Fair admission pricing and information, please visit their website
- To see a complete schedule of State Fair of Texas events, go here
- Visit here to learn more about State Fair of Texas discount pass days and bundle ticket options
State Fair of Texas Combo Deal
Save your money for the midway when you purchase your State Fair of Texas ticket from us for $20.50 and get one DCTA regional day pass for free! Our State Fair of Texas ticket combo deal can be purchased online for three to five-day mail delivery or at the Downtown Denton Transit Center (DDTC). Tickets are subject to availability.
How to Validate DCTA Fare
To validate your DCTA regional day pass prior to boarding, punch a hole in the paper pass to mark the month and day of travel and present validated fare to A-train conductor, GoZone driver or fare inspector when asked for your ticket.
Not valid with any other DCTA fares, passes, promotions or discounts. No refunds or exchanges. Valid for travel on DCTA every day of the week when traveling through GoZone OR Monday through Saturday only when traveling through our A-train.
Travel & Safety Tips
A DCTA regional day pass is required for a trip that originates in DCTA from north of our Hebron station and continues onto DART. If riders don't take advantage of our State Fair of Texas ticket combo deal, they can purchase DCTA and DART passes through the DCTA Online Store, the GoPass® mobile ticketing application, at our DDTC ticket counter, or through ticket vending machines located on all A-train and DART station platforms. For your convenience, ticket vending machines accept cash and credit cards (Visa, Master Card, Discover).
Passengers taking the A-train to the Fair are encouraged to park at the Medpark Station, Old Town Station or Hebron Station for access to ample parking, free of charge.
- Denton Riders: The MedPark Station has higher parking capacity than the DDTC.
- Lewisville and Highland Village Riders: The Old Town and Hebron Stations have a higher parking capacity than the Highland Village/Lewisville Lake Station.
Utilize our Free Fare Zones
Riders can take advantage of our A-train free fare zones, fare is not required for passengers traveling between the DDTC and MedPark stations or between the Hebron and Trinity Mills Stations. These free fare zones are offered as an ongoing promotion.
Tap, book and ride with GoZone
GoZone, powered by Via, works like a minibus that comes when you want, where you want. Book rides straight from your phone, get picked up in a branded vehicle.
GoZone will operate seven days a week and can be used for late travel from transfers from the A-train, Sunday service and getting directly from the GoZone's zones to the Trinity Mills and Frankford Station. For detailed information about our GoZone service visit dctagozone.net.
Hours of Operation
- Denton GoZone and Lewisville/Highland Village GoZone (includes Business 121 GoZone)
- Monday – Thursday: 5 a.m. – 10 p.m.; travel within designated zone only
- Friday: 5 a.m. – 11 p.m.; travel within designated zone only
- Saturday: 8 a.m. – 11 p.m.; travel within designated zone only
- Sunday and holidays: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.; travel between all zones and the DART Trinity Mills station
- Lewisville/Castle Hills/Highland Village GoZone Commuter Service
- Travel between the DART Frankford Station, Lewisville/Highland Village GoZone and Business 121 GoZone
- Monday – Thursday: 5 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Friday: 5 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Guaranteed Ride Home
- Travel from the DART Trinity Mills Station to any one destination in any of the GoZones; provided Monday through Saturday only.
- Monday – Thursday: 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
- Friday: 11 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Saturday: 11 p.m. – 2 a.m.
Get the 411 on the A-train
- No Sunday service - passengers can ride our GoZone on-demand service for travel between all zones and the DART Trinity Mills Station from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Basic hours of operation for the A-train:
- Monday through Thursday will run on a 30-minute frequency
- Fridays will run on a 30-minute frequency
- Saturdays will run every hour
- Remember, not every A-train meets up with the DART Green Line.
Transit Schedule Info
DCTA is operating standard A-train service during the 2022 State Fair of Texas. The A-train does not meet every DART Green Line train, so be mindful of the last Green Line departures from Fair Park listed on the schedule below.
LAST TRAINS HOME
Don't get stuck without a transfer option. DART's Green Line schedule is different from DCTA's A-train, so be sure to plan your trip from start to finish in order to catch the last Northbound A-train home.
|LAST TRAINS HOME||MON - THURS||FRIDAY||SATURDAY|
|MLK Departure (Green Line)||8:48 p.m.||8:48 p.m.||8:48 p.m.|
|Fair Park Departure (Green Line)||8:51 p.m.||8:51 p.m.||8:51 p.m.|
|Trinity Mills Departure (A-train)||10:00 p.m.||10:00 p.m.||10:00 p.m.|
PLEASE NOTE: Trinity Mills and Green Line Departure are both at the Trinity Mills Station. DCTA's A-train doesn't meet every DART Green Line. A-train riders are encouraged to sign up for DART Rider Alerts and check their schedules for more information when planning their trip to the Fair.
Red River Showdown
DCTA will operate its regular A-train schedule for Red River Showdown on Saturday, October 8, 2022. DART will operate on a modified rail schedule during the Red River Showdown. DART's special Green Line circulator starts three hours before the game and operates six trips per hour (see map here). The circulator operates continually until approximately three hours after the game. Southbound DART Green Line trains will leave every 10 minutes from North Carrollton/Frankford Station for MLK, Jr. Station as early as three hours before the game. Prior to kickoff, these trains will not stop at Victory Station. In addition, these trains will not serve West End, Akard, St. Paul, Pearl/Arts District, Deep Ellum, Baylor and Fair Park stations. Transfer to the Green Line circulator at EBJ Union Station to reach those stations. Northbound DART Green Line trains leave every 10 minutes from Buckner Station for MLK, Jr. Station as early as three hours before kickoff. (These trains will not stop at Fair Park Station.)
State Fair of Texas
For travel to the Fair, click on the "To Buckner" schedule and coming home from the Fair click on the "To North Carrollton/Frankford" schedule.
PLEASE NOTE: Since DART Green Line trains will not stop at the Fair Park station due to the Red River Showdown, DCTA A-train riders on this day will need to depart and board at the MLK, Jr. Station. Fair goers will still be able to get straight to the gate at the MLK, Jr. Station and will be closer to the Cotton Bowl stadium for game day!
For trip planning help, contact DCTA's customer service team 940.243.0077.