COMING IN 2024: Senior and Disabled Mobility Service for residents of Allen and Fairview
Starting on February 1, 2024, Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA), will become the service provider for Collin County Rides, a transit service for Allen and Fairview residents who are 65 and older or have a qualifying disability.
Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) currently operates Collin County Rides, but its last day to operate the program will be January 31, 2024.
The DCTA version of Collin County Rides will feature a dedicated fleet of standard and wheelchair-accessible minivans to transport Allen and Fairview residents where they want and need to go in Collin County on an appointment basis.
Qualified riders will be able to use the RideDCTA mobile app to make appointments. The service will feature an easy-to-use app-based appointment system similar to the one already in use. Users will be able to download the new RideDCTA mobile app from a link on this page sometime in January, and must have the app downloaded in order to schedule service as of February 1, 2024.
Alternatively, riders will be able to make an appointment by telephoning the DCTA Customer Service Center at 940-243-0077. Reservations by phone can be made from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday or 8:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. on Saturdays. Telephone reservations for DCTA Collin County Rides will become available in late January.
In addition, customers will be able to reserve a ride via the DCTA website portal for Collin County Rides by visiting www.dcta.net/collincountyrides. The DCTA Collin County Rides web portal will also become available in January.
Many of the Collin County Rides service features will remain the same after the transition, including the fare structure and discounts every month. However, there will be important differences:
- Collin County Rides will operate from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM Monday through Friday, except for major holidays. (The service will not operate on nights or weekends)
- Riders can make reservations up to 7 days prior to your trip, but must make each trip appointment at least the day before traveling. (Same day appointments will not be available.)
- Trips will be available to permanent residents of Allen or Fairview who are registered in the system.
- Trips must begin or end in Allen or Fairview, and will be limited to locations within Collin County.
- Trips must be paid for using a credit or debit card via your online account. (No cash, checks or money orders will be accepted.)
The new RideDCTA app will function the same way as the current (DART) Collin County Rides app, and it will look similar, but all users will be required to download the new app to schedule a ride.
Please note: The DART version of the Collin County Rides app will no longer function beginning February 1, 2024. On that date, all Collin County Rides service must be scheduled with DCTA through the RideDCTA app, the DCTA Customer Service phone line or DCTA website.
DART Resources for Collin County Rides (Available now through January 2024)
DCTA Resources for Collin County Rides (Not available until mid-January 2024)
Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Collin County Rides service and transition: