Commuter Vanpools are DCTA’s Vantastic new way of giving you a comfortable, cost-effective and convenient way to get to work. Ideal for groups of six to 15 people, vanpools reduce stress, help the environment and save you money.
Monthly Lease Rate & Passenger Count
|Monthly Lease Rate||Minimum Passenger Count||Maximum Passenger Count|
|Large SUV 8-Passenger Vehicle||$895||4||8|
|Standard SUV 7-Passenger Vehicle||$720||4||7|
|Wheelchair Accessible Van||$735||4||8|
Guaranteed Ride Home Program
The Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH) Program is intended to provide DCTA vanpool participants with a subsidized ride home in the case of an emergency or unexpected overtime on a day the person vanpooled to work. The program is an attempt to ease the concerns of some commuters using public transportation who are worried about how they will get home when an emergency arises.
- Customer must be an active full-time member of DCTA’s vanpool.
- Customer must have utilized the DCTA Vanpool the day of the request.
Level of Service Available
- DCTA vanpool participants may utilize the GRH Program during scheduled workdays at times which the van is not scheduled to operate.
- Each customer may use the GRH Program up to four (4) times in a 12 month period.
- DCTA will reimburse up to $50 per use.
Usage of Guaranteed Ride Home
- Personal illness during normal work hours
- Family emergency during normal work hours
- Unscheduled, employer mandated overtime
Guaranteed Ride Home Restrictions
- Getting to work
- Traveling between worksites
- Scheduled meetings or doctor’s appointments
- Trips to the hospital in place of ambulance service
- Weather, including snow or act of nature
- Any other non-emergency trip during normal work hours
- Customers may seek taxi fare reimbursement by mailing in a completed Guaranteed Ride Home Reimbursement Request Form, a signed and dated taxi fare receipt and a copy of their government issued ID. DCTA vanpool participants will need to send in the name of their vanpool captain. All GRH reimbursement requests should be mailed to the following address:
Denton County Transportation Authority
Attn: Guaranteed Ride Home Program
PO Box 96
Lewisville, TX 75067