Fares & Passes

University Pass Program

In partnership with Denton County higher education institutions, DCTA has established a University Pass Program to provide an affordable and convenient commute alternative for students, faculty and staff affiliated with local colleges and universities. Students, faculty & staff of UNT receive free fare with the following DCTA services by presenting their UNT identification cards: UNT Campus Shuttles, Denton Connect Buses and Lewisville Connect Buses.

NCTC IDs will no longer qualify for acceptable fare. Access to Denton and Lewisville Connect bus service will require appropriate fare.

The University Pass Program offers two types of passes – local and regional.

Local System fares are valid on the A-train, Denton Connect Buses, Lewisville Connect Buses, Denton Airport Zone, Lewisville Lakeway Zone, University of North Texas (UNT) and North Texas Xpress (Denton to North Park & Ride and Reverse only). These fares are not valid for paratransit trips.

Regional System fares are valid on the A-train, Denton Connect Buses, Lewisville Connect Buses, Denton Airport Zone, Lewisville Lakeway Zone and University of North Texas (UNT). Also includes access to fixed-route bus and rail services operated by DCTA, DART, the TRE and Trinity Metro. These fares are not valid for paratransit trips.



Local - Spring Semester (January 1 to May 31)

Local - Fall Semester (August 1 to December 31)

Add to Cart

Add to Cart

Local - Summer Semester (May 1 to August 31)

Add to Cart

Local - Annual Pass (12 months from date of purchase)

Add to Cart


Regional - Spring Semester (January 1 to May 31)

Regional - Fall Semester (August 1 to December 31)

Add to Cart

Add to Cart

Regional - Summer Semester (130-140 days)

Add to Cart

Regional - Annual Pass (12 months from date)

Add to Cart



Please call DCTA Customer Service at 940.243.0077


How to Purchase

1. Visit DCTA's online store.

2. Select the University Pass you want to purchase. Choose between the following options:

  • Local or Regional Pass
  • Student, Faculty or Staff
  • UNT, TWU or NCTC

3. Add to cart, check out and fill out the appropriate information. Select if you would like to pickup at the Downtown Denton Transit Center (DDTC)*  or if you would like the pass shipped to you. 


  • In order to receive your pass, you must provide a front-facing, clear photo of yourself. This can be emailed to csr [at] ntmc.com (provide the transaction number in the subject line).
  • You must also provide proof of enrollment/employment from one of the three universities. This can be emailed to csr [at] ntmc.com (provide the transaction number in the subject line) or brought to the DDTC. A list of verification options can be found under “Required Verification.” 
  • Once your purchase is approved, you can pickup your pass at the DDTC. If your pass is being shipped to you, it will be shipped through certified mail within seven to 10 business days. 
  • You can also buy your pass in-person at the DDTC. 
Where to Purchase

In Person – UNT, TWU and NCTC students, faculty and staff can purchase the University Pass at the Euline Brock Downtown Denton Transit Center (DDTC)* during regular business hours. DCTA is able to accept cash, check or credit cards. Passes may not be immediately available.

*Effective Monday, June 22, 2020, the DDTC is temporarily closed to the general public in response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) health emergency. Customer Service will remain available by phone to assist passengers with questions during the regular hours of operation. For more information, read our article here.


Online – UNT, TWU and NCTC students, faculty and staff can purchase University Passes on the DCTA online store.

Passes are not available to purchase on campus. As a reminder, all DCTA passes are nontransferable and nonrefundable. Passes will not be replaced if lost or stolen.

TWU: https://portal.twu.edu/default.asp 
UNT: https://my.unt.edu/psp/ps/EMPLOYEE/EMPL/h/?tab=NTPA_GUEST 

Required Documentation

When purchasing a University Pass, individuals must provide the following forms required to verify student enrollment and employment status.

  • UNT students should provide an Enrollment Verification Paper from the registrar’s office
  • TWU students should provide a copy of their e-bill
  • NCTC students can complete a form available from the registrar’s office
  • Employee IDs will serve as employment verification for all three educational institutions