Looking for unique stories about DCTA, innovative mobility trends, transit-oriented development and more? Below are some current topics we can assist you with for your next article:
- Federal Mask Mandate Requires Face Coverings on Public Transit - Effective Tuesday, February 2, masks are required on all public transportation according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Federal Register Notice and the Transportation Security Agency (TSA) Security Directive. The Order affects all passengers and transit operators. “DCTA is committed to complying with federal, state and local COVID-19 mandates to ensure the safety of our passengers and employees,” Raymond Suarez, DCTA CEO said. “We need all riders to follow this new federal mask mandate to stay safe and help us flatten the curve during this pandemic.” Read more: https://bit.ly/2LnLsMu
- DCTA Releases COVID-19 Rider Survey Results - Last October 2020, we asked our passengers to rate and provide feedback on our COVID-19 safety response and efforts to help us continue to keep riders and employees safe. We received a total of 211 passengers responded which represents 10 percent of the average daily ridership in September 2020. View the comprehensive results here: https://bit.ly/3rhsTIU
- DCTA Receives Positive Train Control Certification for A-train – In December 2020, we received federal certification of its positive train control (PTC) system on our 21-mile A-train commuter rail line. The Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) certified that our Enhanced Automatic Train Control (E-ATC) system complies with all requirements for PTC in advance of the federally-mandated deadline of December 31, 2020. Read more about the certification here: https://bit.ly/2YKcDUF
- Updated DCTA FY’20 Media Kit – We recently updated our agency media kit to include information from FY’20 including ridership information, COVID-19 spending and more. Read and download our comprehensive media information to better understand the agency’s facts and figures, goals and objectives, rider snapshot and more here: https://www.dcta.net/media-center/media-kit.
- Welcome Back: Your Guide to Returning to DCTA - We’re taking the necessary precautions to make sure our vehicles are safe and clean for passengers during the COVID-19 pandemic. At DCTA, we’re here to help passengers get back to transit. We’re taking the necessary precautions to make sure our vehicles are safe and clean for passengers so that when passengers are ready, they can ride safely. Read more about what we’re doing here: http://bit.ly/39P9YwP