DCTA will host a series of open house meetings in September to share major agency projects and initiatives, including: January 2019 service changes, new promotions, fare changes, Program of Projects, grants, FY ’19 budget overview and more. The come-and-go meetings will give the public an opportunity to speak with individual DCTA staff members about the presented topics.
Why People Should Attend
DCTA has numerous projects happening in the next couple of months and needs rider feedback to enhance service for the many communities the agency serves. Below are specific highlights for some of the topics that will be discussed during the meetings:
- January 2019 Service Changes – Find out about key proposals including, but not limited to, updating and adding additional routes to Lewisville Connect, North Texas Xpress Route 65 (Denton to Alliance), Route 70 (Old Town Lewisville to the City of McKinney), Denton Lyft Zones and new Lakeview On-Demand Zone in Lewisville.
- Fare Promotions – Learn more about DCTA’s two current fare promotions (University A-train and Local Fare Promotion).
- Service Updates – See how to use DCTA’s new Denton Enterprise Airport On-Demand pilot service and what the agency has in store for the future.
Open House Meeting Locations
Meetings will be held in Denton, Lewisville and Highland Village:
- Denton – meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 19, from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Downtown Denton Transit Center (DDTC) in the lobby area (604 East Hickory St.)
- Lewisville – meeting will be held on Thursday, September 20, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Lewisville Public Library (1197 W Main St.)
- Highland Village – meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 25, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Highland Village City Hall in the lobby area in conjunction with the city council meeting (1000 Highland Village Road)
Online Presentation and Comment Form
For those who are unable to attend the September open house meetings, DCTA has a digital presentation that provides details on all the topics that will be covered. The presentation is available at RideDCTA.net from Monday, September 3, until Friday, September 28. An online feedback form is also available and individual comments are highly encouraged.
Everyone is welcome to attend the open house meetings. Persons with hearing or sight interpretive service needs are asked to contact DCTA at least five business days in advance of the meeting at 972.221.4600 or via email at dctainfo [at] dcta.net () so that DCTA can accommodate requests.