DCTA is implementing flexible and convenient travel option for passengers to reach their final destination. This On-Call Flex Service will complement other available DCTA services including the regional express service, commuter rail service and local-fixed route bus service.
In January 2018, DCTA partnered with Lyft to offer riders a $2 discount on Lyft rides when they travel in Highland Village and North Lewisville. The agency is currently exploring other areas to launch on-call flex service to provide address the first and last-mile gaps.
Strengths of DCTA’s On-Call Flex Service and the user software include:
- Addresses the first mile/last mile connection
- Innovative technology including mobile ride-request apps, real-time vehicle information, and electronic payment options
- Dynamic and responsive (pick-up within 15 minutes of request)
- Smaller limo bus fleet
On-Call Flex Service is the perfect complement to fixed route:
- Passengers can accomplish various errands around town
- Provides a better solution to conventional paratransit needs at a lower cost
- Helps reduce the number of fixed-route trips and fleet needs
- Integrates with third party providers
- Customizable to fit the transit needs of a particular community
- Provides customized pricing structures established with our business and city partners’ needs/budgets