The Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA) and Trinity Metro offer a new bus service that connects Denton and downtown Fort Worth, with stops in Alliance. If you have ever needed a convenient, reliable way to travel between Fort Worth, Alliance, and Denton, North Texas Xpress makes round trips each weekday between approximately 6:00 a.m. and 9:30 p.m.
DCTA offers a park and ride location on the west side of the parking lot at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Denton.
The North Texas Xpress, between Denton and Alliance, is also free for UNT, TWU and NCTC students, faculty and staff with a valid university ID until January 14, 2019 when the University A-train Free Ride Promotion ends.
There are five main stops in Denton along the North Texas Xpress route:
- Presbyterian Hospital Park & Ride (west side of parking lot)
- W University Drive @ N Bonnie Brae Street (Albertsons)
- Bonnie Brae Street @ Emery
- Bonnie Brae Street @ Scripture /Oak Street
- Bonnie Brae Street @ Stella (University Courtyard Apartments)
Click here to download a printable schedule.
Click here to visit Trinity Metro's website.
North Texas Xpress Fare
**For Trinity Metro fare prices, visit this link**
|Denton to North Park & Ride and Reverse|
|Local Day Pass||$3.00||$1.50*|
|Local 2 Hour Pass||$1.50||$.75*|
|Denton to Fort Worth Intermodal Transportation Center (ITC) Station and Reverse|
|Regional Day Pass||$12.00||$3.00*|
|Regional 2 Hour Pass||$6.00||$1.50*|
|Fort Worth Intermodal Transportation Center (ITC) Station to Alliance and Reverse|
|Local Day Pass||$5.00||$2.50*|
|Local Single Ride||$2.50||$1.25*|
* Reduced = Seniors (65+), persons with disabilities, Medicare cardholders and students (Ages 5-18, students over the age of 14 require a valid high school or DCTA issued ID).