DCTA RIDER CODE OF CONDUCT
DCTA has established conduct guidelines to help ensure the safety, security, comfort and convenience of all those who use DCTA vehicles and facilities. Customers not in adherence with these guidelines may be asked to leave the vehicle or facility immediately.
If you need to request reasonable modifications or accommodations, please contact DCTA Customer Service at 940.243.0077 or send an email to
- Shirts and shoes are required
- No food or drink is allowed on DCTA vehicles unless in closed, spill-proof containers
- No unauthorized use of a DCTA facility or property for non-transportation related purposes
- No unauthorized presence on a DCTA vehicle, facility, or property after hours of operation
- Service animals are allowed on DCTA vehicles.
- Non-service animals are also allowed, but must be in a pet carrier specifically designed to transport animals. The carrier may not be opened on the bus, must be leak-proof and well ventilated, and be small enough to fit on the owner’s lap or on the floor space in the immediate area of the owner without blocking the aisle.
- No profanity, disruptive, or threatening behavior
- Use headphones when playing music
- Turn off cell phone ringers and speak at a low volume
- Smoking or chewing tobacco in any form, including electronic cigarettes or vaporizers, is not allowed on DCTA platforms, at DCTA bus stops, or inside DCTA vehicles or facilities
- DCTA does not allow unlawfully carried handguns, weapons, or any other items intended for use as a weapon in or on any DCTA facility or vehicle
- Explosives, car batteries, flammable liquids, or other materials considered hazardous by the U.S. Department of Transportation are not allowed in or on any DCTA facility or vehicle, expect as authorized by DCTA
- Any unusual packages or suspicious activity should be reported to authorities or DCTA personnel immediately