February 1, 2023 – 4:00 PM
On Thursday February 2, Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA) plans to operate the A-train commuter rail and Access Paratransit service on their normal schedules. DCTA also plans for its GoZone rideshare to have a delayed start at 10:00 AM Thursday, subject to road conditions in the morning. DCTA has cancelled scheduled bus services for Thursday, including Connect Bus in Denton and the UNT Campus Shuttle, due to the prospect of more freezing rain in the forecast for North Texas.
DCTA will continue to monitor travel conditions and make service adjustments as needed, with safety as a top priority. Additionally, DCTA vehicle operators are empowered to make safety-based decisions in the field and take appropriate precautions.
As of Wednesday evening, here is a full summary of expected service for Thursday, February 2:
- A-train commuter rail will operate its normal schedule Thursday
- Access Paratransit service will operate its normal schedule, but customers should prepare for longer than normal trip times
- GoZone on-demand rideshare service is planned for a delayed start at 10:00 AM, depending on road conditions in the two service zones
- Connect Bus service in Denton is cancelled for Thursday
- UNT Campus Shuttle bus service is cancelled for Thursday (UNT campus is closed)
- North Texas Xpress bus service between Denton and Alliance Fort Worth is cancelled
The Downtown Denton Transit Center remains open (7AM to 7PM) as it has throughout the week, and customer service representatives are standing by to assist customers.
DCTA advises all riders should anticipate potential delays throughout the multiple-day winter weather event and should dress appropriately. DCTA is also advising customers and employees to take precautions while walking to bus stops and shelters, in parking lots and on A-train platforms.
Future updates regarding service delays or interruptions will be published on the DCTA news site, RideDCTA.net/MediaCenter and through DCTA Rider Alert notifications, as well as our Facebook (RideDCTA) and Twitter (@RideDCTA) pages.
Please make sure to sign up for Rider Alert notifications to stay up to date on specific DCTA services during inclement weather. In addition, passengers should also note the Transit mobile app may not provide accurate arrival information for all DCTA vehicles during inclement weather situations.
Thank you for your patience as we work through this winter weather event, and thank you for riding DCTA.