January 31, 2023 – 5:00 PM
Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA) tonight is continuing to provide A-train commuter rail, GoZone on-demand rideshare and Access Paratransit services as it has done for much of the day during the winter weather event.
However, because of very treacherous road conditions and more winter weather in the forecast for North Texas, DCTA has pre-emptively cancelled Connect Bus service in Denton for Wednesday, February 1 (tomorrow).
DCTA recommends customers (if necessary) use GoZone rideshare service in place of using Connect Bus. Riders should be advised to expect longer wait times and travel times due to the weather.
DCTA will continue to monitor travel conditions and make service adjustments as needed.
As of Tuesday evening, here is a summary of expected service for Tuesday, January 31, and Wednesday, February 1:
- Connect Bus operations in Denton are cancelled for Tuesday, 1/31/23, and also for Wednesday, 2/1/23
- A-train commuter rail operating its normal schedule on Tuesday 1/31 and is expected to do the same on Wednesday 2/1
- GoZone on-demand rideshare service is operating on Tuesday 1/31, and will start service on Wednesday 2/1 at 10:00 AM
- Access Paratransit service is operating on a normal schedule, but customers should prepare for longer than normal trip times
- UNT Campus Shuttle bus service is cancelled for Tuesday, and again on Wednesday 2/1 as a result of the University of North Texas canceling classes for those days
- North Texas Xpress bus service from Denton to Alliance Fort Worth will not operate on Wednesday
All riders should anticipate potential delays throughout the multiple-day winter weather event and dress appropriately. DCTA is also advising customers and employees to take precautions while walking to bus stops and shelters, in parking lots and on A-train platforms.
Future updates regarding service delays or interruptions will be published on the DCTA news site, RideDCTA.net/MediaCenter and through DCTA Rider Alert notifications, as well as our Facebook (RideDCTA) and Twitter (@RideDCTA) pages.
Please make sure to sign up for Rider Alert notifications to stay up to date on specific DCTA services during inclement weather. In addition, passengers should also note the Transit mobile app may not provide accurate arrival information for all DCTA vehicles during inclement weather situations.
Thank you for your patience as we work through this winter weather event, and thank you for riding DCTA.