January 31, 2023 – 12:30 midday
As a result of continuing icy road conditions, Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA) has cancelled Connect Bus service for Tuesday in the City of Denton. DCTA is operating its GoZone rideshare service at lower than normal capacity, and recommends customers use that service to travel if necessary in place of using Connect Bus. Riders should be advised to expect longer wait times and travel times due to the weather.
DCTA is operating other services including the A-train commuter rail and Access paratransit at their normal schedules and those will continue through their planned service schedules.
DCTA will continue to monitor travel conditions and make service adjustments as necessary. As of Tuesday early afternoon, here is a full summary of expected service for Tuesday, January 31:
- Connect Bus operations in Denton are cancelled
- A-train commuter rail operating its normal schedule, which began at 5:00 AM
- GoZone on-demand rideshare service operating at lower capacity
- Access Paratransit services operating on a normal schedule, but given the road conditions, customers should prepare for longer than normal trip times
- UNT Campus Shuttle bus service is cancelled for Tuesday, as a result of the University of North Texas canceling classes for the day
- North Texas Xpress bus service from Denton to Alliance Fort Worth will not operate on Tuesday
All riders should anticipate potential delays throughout the multiple-day winter weather event and dress appropriately. DCTA is also advising customers and employees to take precautions while walking to bus stops and shelters, in parking lots and on A-train platforms.
Future updates regarding service delays or interruptions will be published on the DCTA news site, RideDCTA.net/MediaCenter and through DCTA Rider Alert notifications, as well as our Facebook (RideDCTA) and Twitter (@RideDCTA) pages.
Please make sure to sign up for Rider Alert notifications to stay up to date on specific DCTA services during inclement weather. In addition, passengers should also note the Transit mobile app may not provide accurate arrival information for all DCTA vehicles during inclement weather situations.
Thank you for your patience during these difficult travel days, and thank you for riding DCTA.