Wednesday, February 1 - 9AM
Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA) continues to operate A-train commuter rail, GoZone on-demand rideshare and Access Paratransit services this morning, as it has done for the past two days during the winter weather event.
However, DCTA has cancelled Connect Bus service in Denton for Wednesday, February 1, due to very dangerous road conditions and more freezing precipitation forecast for North Texas. DCTA advises that customers can use GoZone rideshare service starting at 10:00 AM, but riders should be advised to expect longer trip times due to icy roads and limited capacity.
DCTA will continue to monitor travel conditions and make service adjustments as needed. Additionally, DCTA vehicle operators are empowered to make safety-based decisions in the field and take appropriate precautions.
As of Wednesday morning, here is a summary of expected service for Wednesday, February 1:
- Connect Bus operations in Denton are cancelled
- A-train commuter rail operating its normal schedule
- GoZone on-demand rideshare will start service on Wednesday at 10:00 AM, with reduced system capacity
- Access Paratransit service is operating its normal schedule, but customers should prepare for longer than normal trip times
- UNT Campus Shuttle bus service is cancelled for Wednesday as a result of the University of North Texas canceling classes for today
- North Texas Xpress bus service between Denton and Alliance Fort Worth will not operate on Wednesday
The Downtown Denton Transit Center remains open (7AM to 7PM) as it has throughout the week, and customer service representatives are standing by to assist customers.
DCTA advises all riders should anticipate potential delays throughout the multiple-day winter weather event and should dress appropriately. DCTA is also advising customers and employees to take precautions while walking to bus stops and shelters, in parking lots and on A-train platforms.
Future updates regarding service delays or interruptions will be published on the DCTA news site, RideDCTA.net/MediaCenter and through DCTA Rider Alert notifications, as well as our Facebook (RideDCTA) and Twitter (@RideDCTA) pages.
Please make sure to sign up for Rider Alert notifications to stay up to date on specific DCTA services during inclement weather. In addition, passengers should also note the Transit mobile app may not provide accurate arrival information for all DCTA vehicles during inclement weather situations.
Thank you for your patience as we work through this winter weather event, and thank you for riding DCTA.