To help people get a [turkey] leg up on traffic and avoid parking hassles for the State Fair of Texas, the Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA) will operate expanded A-train service every Saturday during the fair so riders can have more options and later schedules to choose from for their trip planning needs. For expanded A-train service, DCTA will operate a Friday schedule on Saturdays, and will add an additional northbound midnight train on Fridays and Saturdays during the fair. The A-train will operate its regular schedule Monday through Friday and all other DCTA services will operate as normal.
During the State Fair of Texas, DCTA will host its #DCTAFairFun photo contest for riders to share how the agency has contributed to their fair experience. Below are more contest details:
- Snap a photo of yourself at the fair and upload it to DCTA’s contest page or post it on Twitter using the official contest hashtag #DCTAFairFun (make sure to include how DCTA contributed to your awesome fair experience)
- One entry will be allowed per person
- The community will vote for their favorite photos from all of the contest submissions
- The photo contest and voting period will start Friday, September 30 and end Sunday, October 23 at 11:59 p.m.
- The top five photo entrants with the most votes will receive a $50 Visa gift card and other cool DCTA swag (earbuds, insulated mug, wall USB charger, and more)
DCTA’s 2016 State Fair special event schedule is now available to view at www.RideDCTA.net. In addition, passengers can pick up the agency’s print brochure, which provides an on-the-go special event schedule, fun DCTA and fair facts, and information about the #DCTAFairFun photo contest, at the Euline Brock Downtown Denton Transit Center (DDTC). Regional fare is required for a trip that includes DCTA and Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART). As a reminder, the A-train does not meet every DART Green Line train and does not operate on Sundays.