People across the U.S. will join together in visiting their favorite trail for a walk, run or bike ride in observance of “National Trails Day,” and the Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA) is joining in on the fun for the country’s largest trail celebration. The agency is partnering with the cities of Denton, Lake Dallas, Corinth, Highland Village and Lewisville to host a “National Trails Day” event on Saturday, June 1, from 9 a.m. to noon. This event hopes to get residents out and moving on DCTA’s A-train Rail Trail to enjoy the incredible benefits it provides for recreation, exposure to nature and access to DCTA’s A-train stations.
Event Details to Know
The “National Trails Day” event is a great opportunity for Denton County residents to celebrate DCTA’s A-train Rail Trail by connecting them to others in the community and encouraging them to walk, bike, run or just spend time enjoying the beautiful scenery the trail has to offer. The A-train Rail Trail also provides safe access to DCTA’s five A-train rail stations for easy access to the A-train.
The event will be held on Saturday, June 1, from 9 a.m. to noon, and will feature:
- City-hosted fun stations and table tops at the following locations:
- DCTA – Downtown Denton Transit Center (DDTC)
- Denton – Downtown Denton Transit Center (DDTC)
- Corinth – City Hall parking lot
- Lake Dallas – Greenspace behind Allsup’s convenience store
- Lewisville – Highland Village/Lewisville Lake station
- Promotional swag items that participating cities and DCTA will hand out to event attendees along with reflectors, coloring books, stickers and DCTA collateral.
How to Get a Free DCTA A-train Ride
DCTA will provide free A-train rides to all “National Trails Day” event attendees. Getting a free train ride is simple! Just say the event code word “Trails Day” to a DCTA rail operator to ride the A-train free all day on Saturday, June 1. DCTA will operate regular A-train service during the event. The free ride promotion is not valid on other DCTA services, and people who want to transfer to the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) will need valid fare for that portion of that trip.