Free DCTA Shuttle Service for Denton Arts & Jazz Festival Apr 04, 2018
DCTA will provide free shuttle service for the 2018 Denton Arts & Jazz Festival on Friday, April 27, through Sunday, April 29. In addition to free event shuttle service, DCTA will operate regular A-train and Connect Bus service during the festival (no Sunday service) and will provide one additional late-night train on Friday night that will depart the Downtown Denton Transit Center (DDTC) at 12:30 a.m. (Saturday morning). As a reminder, parking is free at all DCTA A-train stations.
KEY SHUTTLE DETAILS TO KNOW
Anyone can ride DCTA’s free shuttle service that will pick up passengers from the MedPark Station and drop them off at Quakertown Park (festival location). The shuttle will run every 30 minutes. Below are key dates and times of DCTA’s free shuttle service:
- Friday, April 27 – shuttle service begins at 3 p.m. and the last shuttle from the festival to MedPark Station departs at midnight
- Saturday, April 28 – shuttle service begins at 9:30 a.m. and the last shuttle from the festival to MedPark Station departs at midnight
- Sunday, April 29 – shuttle service begins at 10:30 a.m. and the last shuttle from the festival to MedPark Station departs at 10:30 p.m.
If you’re taking the A-train to connect to DCTA’s free shuttle service, please plan your trip in advance to ensure you don’t miss your train. DCTA’s A-train schedule is available here.
FESTIVAL TRIP PLANNING 101
Getting to the Denton Arts & Jazz Festival using public transportation is convenient and easy. Check out the information below to see which public transportation and fare options you can take to get to the festival:
Denton County Resident
- If you live in Denton County and want to take our A-train and free shuttle service to get to the festival, you can purchase a $6 local day pass and ride our A-train to MedPark Station to get to the festival
- If you’re a Denton resident, you can ride Denton Connect Routes 5 and 6 to get to the festival
Non-Denton County Resident
- If you live outside of Denton County, you can visit the Denton Arts & Jazz festival transportation site for more details on how to ride the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) or Trinity Metro to connect to our system to get to the festival
- In addition, you will need to purchase a $10 regional day pass to use all regional public transportation systems